Kevin F. Sullivan
- Criminal Defense 80%
- Traffic Defense 10%
- Expungements 5%
- Executive Clemency 5%
In 1988, due to certain unexpected events, I began defending people charged with various criminal offenses. Ever since that time, I have concentrated in that area of the law. Over the years, my practice has taken me to nearly every county in the State of Illinois as well as many states. There is no case or legal task that is too small or insignificant. What may be a relatively minor situation to someone may weigh heavily upon someone else. Every client deserves a complete explanation of their legal options and a vigorous defense. I have always attempted to devote the requisite amount of time to each client and their situation. Not every legal situation has an easy resolution, but I always attempt to achieve the best outcome for each client while reducing their risk to more adverse consequences. Over the years, the law has become more complicated and the consequences seemingly greater. Sometimes the tangential consequence of being charged or found guilty of an offense have a big impact upon an individual. As a criminal defense attorney, I must consider, explore and advise my clients as to all contingencies, including reducing the subsequent impact of their legal peril. I have and will continue do the same for every client I have.
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1987
- Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Major: Business Administration - Finance
- Peoria County Public Defender, Assistant Public Defender, 1989 to 2004
- Illinois, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1989
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1999
- U.S. Federal Courts
- Who's Who, 2019 - Present
- Illinois Super Lawyers, 2014 - Present
- Top Attorneys of North America, 2018 - Present
- llinois Appellate Court - Justice William B. Wombacher, Legal Clerk, 1987 to 1989
- Illinois Appellate Court - Justice Michael P. McCuskey, Legal Clerk, 1990 to 1992
- Appellate Law Clerk, Justice Michael P. McCuskey
- People v. McClure, 218 Ill. 2d 375, Ill. Sup. Ct.
- People v. McNabb, 02 CF 929, Peoria Cty.
- People v. Wood, 18 CF 694, Peoria Cty.
- People v. Stombaugh, 02 CF 43, Marshall Cty.